Every Sunday Justin likes to go outside of the chapel and run around. He just hates sitting still especially in sacrament meeting. So Ben and I have decided to finally brake that habit and make him stay inside with us for the whole hour. If he has to go outside, we don't want him to have a fun time like he is used to.
Here is our progress....
Last Sunday:
Ben took Justin out and let him scream and cry for mom on his lap.
This Sunday:
Justin was a little better. He kept trying to sneak under the bench to run out and he wined a lot.
So hopefully he will be broken in before Brooklyn comes!
Funny things Justin says and does during Sacrament meeting:
Yells "Hi Bishop" while he is conducting
Claps his hands after the sacrament prayer and says yeah bread
Plays peek-a-boo with the baby in front of us
After he eats the bread he yells, "yummy, yummy to my tummy!"
He will start a conversation with a kid on the other side of church
Super Easy, Super Moist Chocolate Cupcakes
5 years ago






5 comments:
Oh Justin cracks me up. He is so funny. Good luck at breaking that habit of leaving during sacrament. I'm sure it is a tough one!
Justin sounds like a little Ben! I look forward to seeing you guys this summer when we come up!
Breaking that habit can be tough. It took awhile with Tallas. Justin is such a funny kid. Kiss him for us.
Hey Steph.... I totally have some fun recipes. I just made some crock pot chili last night for Nana, Catherine, and Wyatt's visit. I have a recipe blog with Jamie. She has put up some recipes her family likes as well. If you look under my blog favorites - it's the one called It's what's for dinner. Let me know if you find it. I will be posting the chili recipe in a few hours. (getting ready to go to the gym)
Oh I wish I could be there to hear him say those funny things. One thing that we do with Brody that helps is if he wants to go out in the hall we will take him out but we take him into a dark room and sit him on our lap and hold his arms down. We explain to him that if he wants to be out of sacrament meeting that is what we do but if he wants to go back into sacrament he can have his treats, crayons, books, etc. We did this at the beginning and now we never have to take him out unless he is screaming because of getting hurt or throwing a fit and in that case we do the same thing. Good luck. Keep us posted on how it is going.
Post a Comment