Ben let me post this story:
Ben learned this lesson when he was at Wells Fargo the other day putting a check in the bank. The lady helping him looked like she was having a bad day so he decided to strike up a little conversation to change her mood. Ben noticed she was sticking out a lot and he thought women like to talk about their pregnancy and he decided to ask her when she was due. The lady replied confused, "I just had my baby a week ago" Ben was taken back a little by her comment and didn't know what to say back.
At least she still talks to him when he goes back to the bank:-)
I really thought this was funny because Ben used to make fun of his mission companion for doing the same thing to a lady in the ward.....I guess what comes around goes around.
Super Easy, Super Moist Chocolate Cupcakes
5 years ago





5 comments:
He should have followed that with - Wow, you are certainly back to work quickly! Congratulations! How is the little one?
Oops! It happens. I did the same thing to one of my friends in Florida who I hadn't seen in awhile because we were in Hawaii. I knew that she had been pregnant but didn't know that she had had the baby. She told me the same thing the lady told Ben. It was definitely a learning lesson!
Someone did the same thing to me after I had my baby! You should always just go with general questions first!
Ha! That is funny. If anyone could handle the situation it's Ben, for sure. He is so good with people. Glad the lady isn't holding a grudge.
Ha ha that is funny. I have had many "Open mouth, insert foot" moments" as well. Most people are usually pretty forgiving.
Post a Comment